Hello there everyone! How are y’all doing this fine evening? :3
For today’s post, I thought I would talk to you about TV shows. I know, this isn’t a very bookish topic, but when I’m not reading, drinking coffee, or cuddling my bf or my cat, I’m watching TV shows! To me they’re kind of like a visual narrative, and I can get sucked in as quickly as when I’m reading a good book.
Here are some of the TV shows that I really enjoy watching!
- Doctor Who: I had to put this one as the first TV show. It has everything! There are not enough words to describe how good this show is. David Tennant and Matt Smith are absolutely STUNNING Doctors and they’re also my favorite ones out of the whole series, hands down. It made me laugh, it made me cry and feel all the feels.
- Stranger Things:So. Bloody. Good. There’s mystery, intrigue, it’s not too scary (and I’m quite the scaredy-cat) and it kept me on the edge of my seat!
- Sherlock: Benedict Cumberbatch gives a whole new definition to the name of the brilliant detective he depicts, and whilst he’s a handful, you can’t help but fall in love with the character and his relationship with Waston.
- House of Cards:Whilst I thought this was a bit too dark in the first two episodes, by the end of the first season, I was hooked. I practically binged the first 3 seasons! I am quite disappointed about the Kevin Spacey scandal, and whilst he deserves what he’s getting, God knows what they’re going to do with the show now, but we’ll see!
- Game of Thrones: This show… I don’t know how everyone isn’t watching this. It’s just so RAW and REAL (despite it being a fantasy show) and it just rips your heart out again and again and I love it. Hands-down, one of my all-time favorites and I will never get enough of it.
- Teen Wolf: I have to admit, at first I thought this was going to be like the cliche supernatural novels, but OH MY GOD was I wrong. I was hooked. I’m obsessed with Stiles, Scott, Lydia, and Mia. I was bawling about Allison <//3 It’s a roller-coaster and I love it. It’s got mystery, romance, action and it’s the right amount of soppy.
- Dexter: If I ever had a favorite sociopath, this guy would be it. He’s just… he’s a dude who takes no shit, but he’s also a someone who needs loving and it always keeps you on the edge of your seat. Trust me, he may look like a heartless dude at first, but keep watching. He’ll melt your heart
- Big Bang Theory: It’s one of those comedies where, for me at least, the characters are quite loveable and it’s always a good time. I also adore Sheldon and Amy
- Avatar: Legend of Korra: This show makes me feel like a little girl again. I was obsessed with Avatar: Legend of Aang, and when I heard that a sequel, where the Avatar’s a woman, was coming out, ecstatic doesn’t even begin to describe how I was feeling. I have it downloaded and sometimes I re-watch it, just for that happy feeling.
- New Girl: One of the best comedies out there. So so funny and it also tackles a lot of real issues that many adults face.
- Hannibal: To say that this series is a bit scarring isn’t enough to fully describe it. It’s a mysterious, psychological drama that really makes you second-guess things. It reminds me of Bates Motel, which is also a series I highly suggest if you like psychological dramas.
- Gilmore Girls: I am and will forever be Team Logan. If you like cutesy coming-of-age flicks about life, love and family, this is for you.
- The Crown: I can’t find the words to describe how much I love this show. You feel so so sorry when you see what Queen Elizabeth and her family went through in their early years, but it really helps you understand that they’re just people trying to make sense of things and live their lives whilst trying not to crack under all the pressures that they face as royals. Also, Matt Smith as Prince Phillip – my heart can’t handle it
What are your favorite TV series? Let me know in the comments below!
Written by: Alexia DeBono
HAVE AN INTEREST, IDEA, OR AN OPINION?
Do you have an interest you’d like to tell others about? Or an opinion you’d like to share with the world? From politics to culture and sports, message us if you would like your articles published!